If you need a more accessible version of this website, click this button on the right.
Switch to Accessible Site
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
- Exercise Regularly- This does not have to be anything overly strenuous.
Something as simple as a daily walk can make a huge difference.
- Eat A Healthy Diet- Proper nutrients allow the body to repair itself
- Maintain Good Posture- Are you sitting up straight as you read this?
- Stretch Your Spine Before And After Sports- This will also help to
loosen up the surrounding muscles.
- Don't Overload Your Backpack Or Purse- Remember to carry it over both
shoulders to balance the load (if possible).
- Stretch Your Legs And Back After Each Hour Of Sitting- Whether in
a car or at a desk, stretching regularly will help to keep you from tightening
up or injuring yourself further.
- Never Cradle The Phone Between Your Neck And Shoulder
- Sleep On Your back Or Side, Not On Your Stomach- This helps to keep
your spine in line and reduces the risk of hurting your neck while you sleep.
- Invest In A Good Chair, Pillow And Mattress- When you think about
the amount of time you use these things each day, it's worth it.
- Have Regular Spinal Check-Ups- It's much easier to prevent a problem
than to correct one.